Friday, February 15, 2008

Guess Who's Back?


Yep, made it back safe and sound from Pasadena. Was even somewhat responsible, staying out drinking only until 9:30, 11:30, 12:30, and 2:00 the four nights we were there. I deserve all that free booze having to be in meetings from 8am to 6pm for three straight days. Trip Highlights:

1. Kicked a thirty yard field goal at the Rose Bowl. With room to spare. I've now been to the Rose Bowl more than the Gophers in the past 46 years.

2. The free IPOD speaker station they gave us.

3. My team won the Chili Cook-Off. I can't cook, but I was "Official Taster" since I'm a bit of a chili connoisseur.

4. Seeing Keanu Reeves' star on the walk of fame.

5. They rented out Warner Brothers studios, and the second floor of the museum was all dedicated to Harry Potter props.

Of course, with all of this going on, I was completely unable to keep up with any sports at all, other than the text messages from Snacks from the Gopher/Illinois game such as "Wow. The Gophers just plain suck" and "The place just went absolutely nuts when the gophers managed to get the lead down to four. That's how sad this is" and his phone call which consisted of, "It's the eight minute timeout and they're losing by 22. We're leaving."

Also saw the Twins signed Livan Hernandez for one year at $5 million. I like this signing. I'll probably write more at another time, but I'm really tired. I'll be back tomorrow to jabber on while watching the least winnable game in Gopher history against the Badgers.


Marquette -4.5 vs. Pitt

Season: 312-289

1 comment:

Dr. Acula!. said...

I thought I felt the ground shaking. Lunndale and I are going to toss bags at a hole in a box tomorrow afternoon, you should come.