Thursday, November 15, 2007

Arkansas 75, Coll of Charleston 49


A few thoughts from the Arkansas/College of Charleston game, if for no other reason that so I can get my thoughts in order to help me pick every single NCAA tournament game correctly:

- Arkansas is very athletic, and shoot better than I would have thought, but they do make some poor decisions with the ball and on defense. Not very structured and kind of all over the plays, but when they're good, they're very good.

- I've mentioned before how I'm a big fan of the Razorbacks this year, but they have the look (in this one game, so yes, small sample size) of a team that could get bounced by a well disciplined, smaller school who plays a slower game.

- With that said, they could also explode on some teams. I think they'll end up losing some games they should definitely win (like to Ole Miss at home) and then also knock off some teams they shouldn't (like @ Tennessee).

- Gary Ervin is kind of out of control. He forces it alot, is more of a scoring type point who is always looking for his own shot, and I think they're a much better team with Patrick Beverly running the offense. He reminds of Kevin Clark - in a bad way.

- Beverley is every bit as good as advertised. He had a slow first half, but he really just controls the game and does everything for them. I was impressed with a couple of other guards in Stefan Welsh and Sonny Weems.

- If you believe announcers, they think College of Charleston is going to be a very tough mid-major. I disagree. I think they're crap. They should be down by 35, but Ervin (and the rest of the team, really) keep making stupid decisions and giving the ball away.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This game was on TV? I didn't see it anywhere.

The most important part of that game is they covered and made us 2-0 on bets today.

WWWWWW said...

was on ESPNU