Friday, September 7, 2007

Sigh

Oh Charley Walters, you always keep me on my toes. An excerpt from his column today:

"Uh-oh: The Gophers, who allowed 412 yards passing by Bowling Green last week, said they plan no major pass protection scheme changes against Miami (Ohio)."

I just can't let this pass. He either doesn't understand the meaning of pass protection, or this is a major typo. It wouldn't surprise me either way, and either way it's inexcusable for a newspaper the size of the Pioneer Press.

This also seems like a good place to mention the moronic radio announcers for last night's Colts/Saints game. I was driving home listening to the third quarter, and they started talking about Colts safety Bob Sanders and how he's awesome (true) and how he's always hurt (also true). Then they said he needed to be more like Rodney Harrison and get bigger so he wouldn't get hurt.

Harrison just got suspended for steriod use. Frickin' brilliant.

I'll be back later with a look at the Gopher/Miami game.

No comments: