Monday, April 23, 2007

I was Wrong About Rick Rickert


When Rick Rickert decided to go pro after his sophomore year with the Gophers - averaging 16 pts and 6 rebs, I thought he was making a huge mistake. When he didn't get drafted until almost the end of the second and final round of the draft, and it was by the Wolves who felt sorry for him, I laughed. When he got cut, I laughed. When Garnett punched him in the face, I laughed even harder. And when he got stuck playing in the D-League, I laughed.

But I was wrong. Oh, so wrong.

My friends, the great Rick Rickert has a chance to be a champion. His Colorado 14ers will be playing the Dakota Wizards this Sunday for the D-League championship.

Rickert got everything he wanted. After averaging eleven points and six rebounds per game in the NBDL, he's managed to carry his team to the championship, averaging 8 pts and 8 rebs per game in the playoffs. And now, on Sunday, he'll be playing for every little boy's dream: an NBDL championship.

I apologize Rick Rickert. I was wrong. You win.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

And I'm sure you are an incredible athlete.....anything better to do with your time??????

WWWWWW said...

What? Rick? Is that you?

Anonymous said...

wow.
you're unbelievable.
rick has a career doing what he loves and living his life.
look at you. spending so much time putting a guy down.
you're pathetic.
hmmm- jelousy?
anything he has done and will do you can only dream about.
rick works his ass off everyday, you never get off yours. apparently too busy blogging about how you hate "anything goldy".

WWWWWW said...

I sometimes get off my ass. You're wrong.