Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Twins Fan for One More Night

Ok, I know I said I'd be a Mariners fan now, but look at this pitching matchup, then realize the Twins are actually an underdog here, and you'll see that there's no way I couldn't throw money down on the Twins tonight, even on the road.

So Go Twins. For one more night.

MIN: Matt Garza: 37ips, 1.19 WHIP, .239 OAV, 2.92 BB/9, 8.52 K/9, 0.24 HR/9

SEA: Horacio Ramirez: 67ips, 1.85 WHIP, .337 OAV, 3.89 BB/9, 3.89 K/9, 1.07 HR/9.

I mean, Garza has him in every category. And this Ramirez guy has a 1:1 K to BB ratio, that's freakin' terrible. For example, Sidney Ponson was 1.35 at least, with almost identical WHIP and OAV. He's better at home, but Safeco is a ridiculously friendly park to pitchers (.87 lifetime park factor), so if that helps out Ramirez, it should make Garza unhittable.

This Ramirez is so bad, he should cancel out the complete inability of the Twins to hit, and they should be able to manage to score enough runs to win. I'm betting on it.

EDIT:

10:00pm - It's working.

10:07pm - Dammit.

10:13pm - Ramirez somehow managed to shut down Redmond, Punto, and Casilla 1-2-3. Even for a crapass pitcher like him, that was easy.

10:18pm - Punto can't hit, but he sure can field. He's like Brooks Robinson without the hitting. And not as good a fielder.

10:20pm - Jason Bartlett hits home runs now?

10:25pm - We were just informed that Lew Ford has been tearing up Triple A. Sweetness.

10:28pm - Rondell White just got a 2-run single by barely hitting the ball and doinking it off the secondbaseman's outstreached glove. If that's gonna work, I'm calling this a win.

10:42pm - Vacancy is a pretty stupid movie

10:57pm - Double play ball. Garza continues to pitch like a front-line starter. So far 6 innings/5 hits/2 walks/2 K's/1 run.

11:05pm - Morneau drives in his first runs of the month. Finally.

9:15am - I WIN!

1 comment:

Theory said...

I almost laughed out loud in my cubicle when I was reading the updates on the Twins' game and I see at 10:42, "'Vacancy' is a pretty stupid movie."