Since I have nothing better to do and I sure as hell am not going to write a Super Bowl preview.
First, we rented the movie College, and it was awful, which we probably should have suspected going into it. It pretty much tried to capture the magic of Can't Hardly Wait, but that movie actually had a semi-believable story, good actors, and a likable group of characters. This movie kind of takes Can't Hardly Wait and tries to sort of merge it with Revenge of the Nerds and fails miserably, with poor acting thrown in just to complete the circle. And, just in case you aren't quite getting the picture, the story had more holes in it than the moon landing hoax, there were no laughs, and the inevitable gross out humor was just that; gross, not funny/gross. Stay away.
On the other hand, I got up with the baby this morning and happened to catch Pterodactyl on Sci Fi. Now this is looking good so far. It's about, well, a group of people who stumble into some kind of forgotten wilderness wherein lives a Pterodactyl. Yep, cheesy as hell but we have:
1. Cheesey, overdramatic dialogue
2. A horrible CGI Pterodactyl that looks more like a moth with claws and a head
3. A hot blonde
4. Over-accented evil Russian commandos who for some reason speak to each other in English
5. The scene where the pterodactyl first shows up, the hot blonde, finding a idyllic little pond in this lost world decides, inexplicably, to strip down to her underwear and go for a little swim, for no other reason that to show off her cans.
6. The nerd character who is in love with the blonde who will almost certainly end up sacrificing himself to save her and/or kill the beast.
7. Last but not least, Coolio plays the captain of an elite squad of U.S. Commandos. COOLIO PLAYS THE CAPTAIN OF AN ELITE SQUAD OF U.S. COMMANDOS!
All this and I'm only 15 minutes in. I can already highly recommend Pterodactly.