Tuesday, June 12, 2007

I Really Hope this Doesn't Happen


Sid Hartman thinks Joakim Noah of Florida, who worked out for the Timberwolves last week, would be a great fit for the team. Just the fact that Sid thinks it's a good thing is a pretty big red flag, but seriously, please don't draft Noah.

He's very limited offensively, and based on his shooting form, I don't see him developing a reliable jump shot any time soon. He has positives, such as energy and intensity, is a tenacious rebounder and good defender, and would probably blend with KG pretty well (although I'm still hoping KG is gone before the draft.)

But if you draft somebody, and he is a good energy guy who is tough around the basket, a good rebounder and defender, but not much of a scoring threat, shouldn't that be what you're looking for in the second round, not in the lottery?

I'm not saying Noah should be a second round pick, but I don't have faith he'll develop enough from here to justify being picked seventh. Hopefully some stupid team will take him before number seven, so I won't even have to worry about it.

No comments: