Monday, May 7, 2007

Sid Hartman tells you Nothing

Sid Hartman is old. Some people call him Grandpa Sports, some people call him a senile idiot. Most of time, I agree with the latter. But he does, from time to time, have a nice little nugget in his columns. This is not one of those times.

Here is a little piece of inside info he dropped in the paper today:

"Kevin Sumlin, the current co-offensive coordinator at Oklahoma and a former member of Jim Wacker's Gophers football staff, recalls meeting Gophers football coach Tim Brewster for the first time when Sumlin was playing for Purdue when Brewster was a graduate assistant on the Boilermakers staff."

Read that again. Where is anything resembling information? Some guy we don't care about remembers meeting Tim Brewster. So what? How about his impressions? Like, "Somebody something from somewhere remembers meeting Tim Brewster and something and remembers him as a fire go-getter, full of grit and hustle." That, although useless, is at least information.

I'm not exactly sure why I felt the need to comment on this, but it really, really, really bugged me. I read it and I was like, Holy crap does that piss me off.

Worthless.

1 comment:

Theory said...

Very nice. That would piss me off, too.
...maybe I should write a post about it....