I have too much time on my hands now that the baseball season is over and was disappointed to find out that a dominating MAC team still has to play in the Motor City Bowl in NCAA Football 09. So I've actually watched the Wolves a little bit this season and have some opinions:
1. Randy Wittman still really sucks as a coach. His starting lineups change too often, there is no rhyme or reason to his substitions, and his teams get smoked in the 4th quarter.
2. It looks like the Wolves are finally giving up on the "Randy Foye is a PG" thought. Thankfully.
3. This team could be really interesting offensively. Jefferson is a beast on the blocks, Love brings some skills to the table, Mike Miller can shoot, and Telfair has come a long way from his early days. The pieces fit together fairly well.
4. This team is interesting defensively, only because it is a train wreck. Brewer's the only plus defender and they don't appear to have much of a game plan (see point #1). Expect the Wolves to be one of the worst defenses in the league again this year.
5. They could have four first round picks next season if things fall in place. FOUR!!! Will McHale take Abu Shamala before the NBDL can get him?
They still look like a 30-win team that might have some issues with the way their young players fit together, but I'm thinking they'll be more interesting since offense will be better and Love and Jefferson are worth watching.
I KNEW I should have drank more before writing a Wolves post. W, you know you want to do a drunken Wolves liveblog later in the season.
A quick Twins addition--please don't sign Casey Blake. Thank you.