Now out in New Jersey, there may be a part two, I don't know, the title is optimistic. You know what was really fun? Sitting in the middle of a bunch of post-college frat guy types on the flight out here. Frat guys are pretty much always douchebags, but this group truly excelled. Besides calling each other names like Beatnik, Obama, Peanut, and Cheddar, and talking about some game of Ultimate Frisbee that was truly "epic", they also kept us entertained, loudly entertained, with their "humor." This including not only taking picutres of their friends when they were sleeping and then giggling like middle school girls, but also showing us their incredible wit, such as when the the flight attendant guy came over to us in the exit row and asked if we were familiar with the procedures and how the exit doors work. Frat guy's response, "Oh my god, you mean we're on an airplane! Why didn't anyone tell me?" and then proceeding to ask if they should test out the door right now or wait until we were in the air. Classic frat guy, classic. So that was a pretty painful flight.
- Holy geez, I had forgotten how terrible Chris Berman is. If you're the first to start with the catch phrase crap and all that, shouldn't you at least be somewhat entertaining, rather than ear splittingly annoying?
- Watching a bit of the Vikes game here before I head out to meet my co-workers for a drink, and holy crap is Adrian Peterson ridiculous. First play, 75 yard touchdown. And it wasn't even close.
- Wildcat offense with Percy the "QB." I'm not so sure here. It worked for about 7 on a handoff to AP, and I'm not necessarily completely against it per se even though I think defenses are going to be prepared to stop any team that runs it, but I don't know about unveiling it in a preseason game. The team never ran it last season, so why let anybody know you have it in your playbook now? But hey, I'm no offensive genius guru like Childress, so what do I know?
- I'm back. It was pretty boring. We had asked the one local amongst us to take us to a sports bar, so somehow we ended up at Chevy's Mexican Restaurant, and even ended up at a table in the back, not in the bar, and no where near a TV or sports bar type of place. I guess that's what happens when you put a girl in charge.
- So 17-10 Vikes. And I just saw a deep ball to Andre Johnson. Andre Johnson? Why is he still in the game? It's still preseason, right? I would say I hpe he gets hurt, except he's pretty important to my fantasy team so I just hope they get him the hell out of there.
- Christ, Favre isn't even in anymore and the announcers are still slobbering all over him. Even though I'm going to be rooting for him this year, it's going to be very, very trying season.
- I thought I would write more tonight, but it turns out I'm actually quite tired and have quite a bit to do tomorrow, so I'm going to have to cut it short. Hopefully there will be more tomorrow. This hurts me more than it hurts you.