Monday, September 14, 2009
Top 5 Patrick Swayze Movie Roles:.
5. Sam Wheat, Ghost. Does this make me kind of gay? Yeah, probably, but I'm ok with it. It came out right as I was starting to notice girls for the first time, and if that pottery wheel scene didn't make your peenie say "huh?" then you were too young, too old, or too gay. For years afterwards "unchained melody" by sent my heart all a twitter. This is starting to get gayer and gayer so I'm just going to stop. Also Whoopie Goldberg sucked, even back in this. How did she ever get famous?
"I'm Henery the 8th I am!! Henery the 8th I am, I am!!
4. Derek, Youngblood. I don't really like hockey, like not even a little bit, but this was a pretty good movie, although I haven't seen it in quite some time. The final confrontation between Youngblood and Racki is pretty chill-inducing, even though in real life fighting in hockey is pretty freaking stupid. And I know that has nothing to do with Swayze but come on, tell me he's not the perfect mentor in this (other than Crash Davis).
"Thank god there is a sport for middle sized white guys."
3. Jed, Red Dawn. This is a movie I really, really need to re-watch. It's been a long time, but I remember it being super awesome. Maybe it's better left in the past? I don't know. All I know is that Jed kicks ass
2. Bodhi, Point Break. Thsi would be the #1 role of all-time for 99% of actors today, and is only #2 because the #1 pick is so freaking strong. If you haven't seen this movie you need to go rent it right now. Swayze, Keanu, Gary Busey, and Dr. Cox from Scrubs? Toss in a suprisingly attractive Lori Petty and a plot that entertwines bank robbing and surfing and you have an all-time classic. The way Swayze plays Bodhi totally playing Johnny Utah was oscar-worthy. If only he could have played cancer the same way. *sad head shake*
"I am an F....B...I....Agent!"
1. Dalton, Roadhouse. If you disagree with this you're a pussy. No joke. I don't really like to use bad language like that, but there's really no way around it. This movie was epic in so many ways. From the gratuitous nudity (thank you very much both Kelly Lynch and Julie Michaels - who ended up becoming a stunt double, no lie), the awesome fight at the end between Dalton and the whole Wesley gang, especially the part where he rips out that dudes throat, to the full helpings of cheesiness. Simply awesome. I wish I owned it on DVD so I could watch it right now.
"You take the biggest guy in the world and shatter his knee cap, he'll drop like a stone."
Words to live by.
That'll do it. I really only love two of these roles but once you commit to doing a top five you can't just puss out at four, so I had to do what I had to do. I also just learned they made a Roadhouse 2 and Jake Busey is in it. Might be worth checking out.