Thursday, May 3, 2012

Derby Picks

I tried to write a real post tonight.  I really did.  I started and then stopped like 4-5 times.  I don't know, I think when the only thing to write about is Twins' futility it gets kind of boring.  I'll get back into the swing of things I swear.  I'm planning on doing a weekend review for your Monday pleasure because at least that will get the ole writing juices going, at a minimum.  As an apology, please accept my Kentucky Derby picks as my apology.  Keep in mind that I have done pretty well on the Derby since I started taking it semi-seriously the last three years, including hitting Super Saver 2 years ago at 14-1. 

Your best bets for the odds:

Gemologist at 6-1: of the favorites, he's my favorite
Daddy Nose Best at 15-1:  he's a closer and coming from a track that's produced Derby Winners in the past
Hansen at 10-1 and Trinniberg at 50-1:  both are big time front-running speed, and although they're likely to jump out in front and then fail (particularly Trinniberg) we've seen wire-to-wire winners before. 

If it turns out this is going to be a muddy track, throw some coin down on El Padrino at 20-1.

If you're playing a Trifecta, I think your best horses are Gemologist, Daddy Nose Best, and Dullahan.  For a superfecta, go ahead and throw Union Rags in there.

Personally, I'm taking the four horses above along with Dullahan to win, then throwing a trifecta box out there with Gem, Daddy, Dullahan, Hansen, and Union Rags.  Good luck to all.  Please buy me something nice or at least some White Castle when you win the big bucks.  Here are some good pictures for no good reason:










3 comments:

WWWWWW said...

Doubling up on Daddy Nose Best to win.

WWWWWW said...

Tripling up on Daddy Nose Best. This is your horse, people.

Ass Pinchet said...

Who is that hot ginger with spencer tallackson? I would like to squeeze her ass like A-rod squeezes Jeters?