Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Gophers lose, but almost win

I'm not generally one who goes in for moral victories, but going into Illinois and coming out with a close loss in two overtimes is a pretty good sign for the Gophers' fortunes this year.  Of course, on the other hand, having your best free throw shooter brick the front end of a one-and-one in a situation where he could have iced the game, and then once again NOT getting a shot off in an end of game situation, says this is another blown opportunity.  I'd like to watch more, but I've only seen the last 2 minutes of regulation and a few minutes of the overtimes.  Let me explain.

My parents took the kids overnight tonight.  My wife works from home and usually works from 7-midnight or so when I'm home to watch the kids.  But I have the entire week off since I'm so awesome so she was able to work during the day today and so we had the entire night free.  We decided to go see Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (sidenote:  AWESOME) and I tivo'd the game with the intention of watching the game when we got back.  When I mentioned this on the ride home wife gave me one of those looks that made it very clear that going in the basement by myself to watch basketball when we have an empty house to ourselves and she doesn't have to work would not be a very good idea.  So I watched the important parts instead.

I'm considering doing a game blog tomorrow if I end up watching it, since I don't have to work like a sucker, but I'm just not sure.  Knowing that's the end result may be too painful.  Stay tuned.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't watch it. You'll leave more frustrated then you are now. Plenty of good to see mixed in with all the stuff that drives you crazy.

snacks said...

There's no such thing as moral victories in an 18 game (conference) schedule

That Guy said...

Could we please do a refresher course on the difference between than and then?

Thanks in advance.

P.S. So the anal rape scene got your wife all hot?