Wednesday, August 31, 2011

And Away We Go

Remember how a while back I mentioned a trip my brother (Snacks) and I were taking my dad on, but couldn't reveal where because he reads this blog while beaming with pride and I didn't want to ruin the surprise?  Well we're leaving tomorrow, or today depending on when you're reading this, on a 7:10am flight to Boston.  We will spend two days there, including a game at Fenway of course, before renting a car.  Using said car we will drive the approximately four hours into the middle of nowhere that is Cooperstown which, of course, is home to the Baseball Hall of Fame.  That evening we will drive three quarters of the way to New York City (stopping for the night in Poughkeespie) where we will take in an afternoon Yankee game on Sunday, then returning home on Monday.

The best part is the old man has no idea where we're going.  My mom told me tonight that he is now convinced we are going to L.A. because both the Twins and Gophers are playing out there this weekend.  Of course, he forgets that if we did that we'd have to watch both the Twins and Gopher football and I can't imagine anybody subjecting themselves to that when they're trying to have "fun."  So it'll be pretty sweet.  He'll of course figure out we're going to Boston when we get to the airport, and I'm pretty sure after we spend two days there he'll think it's just a long weekend in Boston.  Then on Saturday we'll go get a car and head to Cooperstown and he'll be blown away since he always talks about going back (he took us there as kids).  

So that's Fenway Park, the Baseball Hall of Fame, and Yankee Stadium (better if it was the old one, but still) all in a four day span that includes 8 hours in a car.  Should be pretty freaking sweet.  I'm bringing the ole computer machine with me and hope to be able to find a little time to blog each day, possibly with pictures.  Stay tuned.

P.S.  I would be truly remiss if I didn't give a shout out to the ladies in our lives.  Not only does this take us all away from our families for five days but it's a significant financial outlay as well, and not once have any of them been anything but 100% supportive of this endeavor.  So thank you all.  We owe you big.

No comments: