Sunday, January 12, 2014

Michigan State 87, Minnesota 75 (OT)

I suppose I'm so supposed to write about this game, but I really don't think I can.  Part of it is it's just too hard to right about a game that goes down like this, a game where you don't think your team has a chance and have no expectations.  Then they play so incredibly well, you find yourself believing they have a chance, but you still don't quite let yourself think it could happen.  Then something happens, like say a whipped pass from Dre Hollins to Mo Walker to give your team a 10 point lead, and you can't help it but you're all in.  Then the bottom falls out, but wait there's hope, and then you get curb stomped.  Too hard to write anything.  Plus I missed the entire last 10 minutes (listened on the radio at least) and all of overtime because I was stupid and made plans to take my damn wiener kids to the aquarium.  I did manage to pull up the game on btn2go on my phone, but once I got it started the Gophers were already down 9 in the OT and frankly looking at sharks just seemed more appealing.

I could probably cobble together the usual 10 things I liked and didn't like (I do have some notes I made since I'm a huge nerd), but honestly I just don't think I have it in me.  Plus, Aaron Paul didn't win the Golden Globe and I've been watching Illinois and Northwestern so really, it's a pretty rough weekend.   I guess I went with the kids to the shark thing and then on Sunday I got to go see the new Hobbit movie which pretty much rules so it wasn't a completely lost weekend, but man the basketball part sucked.  The gambling part was pretty bad too.  Mostly because I suck.






No comments: