Monday, July 30, 2007

Garnett Gone?

I'm out of town for work and between meetings but just heard that it is basically a done deal that Garnett is heading to the Celtics. I'm hoping it's the deal I heard which is Al Jefferson, Theo Ratliff, Gerald Green, Sebastien Telfair, Ryan Gomes, and 2 1st round picks(one of which used to be the Wolves).

That would be pretty sweet.

UPDATE: This is about as official as you can get without actually being official. I have lots to say but it's late, and I'm drunk in New Jersey and have to get up for a stupid meeting tomorrow.

The Sports Guy likes it for the Celts.

I honestly like it a lot for the Wolves. It was pretty clear KG needed to be traded, and they got a potential franchise type player in Jefferson, two first rounders (I think the second one from the Celts will be pretty worthless), and some other stuff that will be helpful. Maybe Gerald Green will be good, I don't know, I don't watch the NBA.

But I am very, very sad to see KG go. Basically the face of Minnesota sports for the last however many years. One of the ten best players in the NBA, maybe five best, and an absolutely outstanding citizen. We were lucky to have him, and it's a shame it couldn't work out. Nothing would make me happier than to see the Celts and the Big Ticket win a title next year. Probably not, but that would be sweet.

And for the Wolves, Foye, Brewer, Jefferson, and what ever other crap we have is not a bad starting place for a rebuilding situation.

Especially since Brewer will be the best player out of this draft other than Durant and Oden.

No comments: